Change your SMTP Server Settings
Setup our SMTP Server
You can change an existing Develec Email Box in Outlook to use our SMTP server by following this procedure:
- Open Outlook and click on the FILE tab (top left).
- Click on the Account Settings button and then on Account Settings on the drop-down list.
- The Account Settings form will open.
- Double-click the account that your want to update
- Change the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) to smtp.develec.co.za.
- Click on the More Settings button.
- The Internet E-mail Setting form will appear.
- Choose the Outgoing Server tab
- Add a tick to the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and to Use the same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Change the Outgoing server (SMTP) Port to 587 and the encryption to TLS (use STARTTLS if included in the list).
- Click OK and the Internet E-mail Settings form will close
- Click the Test Account Settings button to check that your SMTP server works
- If you don’t see two green ticks in the Test Account Settings window after testing, re-check your email settings
- Clear the Automatically test account settings when Next is clicked to avoid repeating the test
- Click Next and then Finish
You can test the outgoing server by sending an email to yourself. If you receive the email, everything probably works correctly.
Please do not send unsolicited emails (e.g. advertising emails, etc) using our SMTP server.
Any email account found to be sending spam will be permanently deleted, without notice.